I'm not gonna lie, delivering babies is a pretty awesome job.
It's only part of what I do, but when it is good, it is so very good.
-----------
I talked to a friend who is moving to a consultative kind of job. It's her dream job in many ways, but it is the kind of job that usually doesn't involve any more delivering of babies. She said to me, when we were talking about it: "I bargained my way into some clinical time on L&D", she said. "They couldn't believe I wanted to be on Labor and Delivery"
"I get it," I said. "Of course. How can you not be on L&D? How can you be a credible consultant and tell people what to do when you're not in the trenches with them? And L&D is where everything good and everything bad happens."
"You got it. Everything good and everything bad." she said. "Next time I'm bringing you to the contract negotiation."
No comments:
Post a Comment