Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bruised

[redacted]

2 comments:

  1. Oof. That sounds incredibly draining. And makes me a little worried- your emotional safety is necessary for taking good care of your patients' emotional safety, if nothing else.

    When I was chaplaining, at least at our hospital, L&D was a place we went only when called, rather than making regular rounds, building relationships with staff, etc. And it sounds like that might not have been the wisest- because the staff sound like they could really use to have a chaplain stop by occasionally, even when the patients aren't necessarily asking for us. (And then, when they did, we went and took care of them, but often the staff was already off doing something else, at least when I was the chaplain involved. My boss, however, probably had better connections and ways of checking in.) Still, I just want there to be helpful care available for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure chaplaincy-at-work can solve this problem for care providers. When we're at work, we're usually running pretty fast. Which, of course, might be part of the problem. Hmm.

      Delete

Followers